COMPARE PRICES FROM MULTIPLE FENCE BUILDERS
IN YOUR AREA AND GET THE BEST PRICE
GETTING MULTIPLE QUOTES FROM FENCE BUILDERS HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER
You may need a fence for safety and security while some want fences to add value, functionality and privacy to their home or investment property. No matter what the purpose for a fence is, you should do your research before selecting any fence building company . There are a lot of professional fence builders that one can choose from. However, you should have an open yet critical mind as fences are worthwhile investments. There are different factors that can help a person identify the best fence builder. Also the location of the fence is very important because of climates – fencing in Sydney would need to be able to withstand salty sea air for example.
- Identify the Problem. One should understand his or her purpose for having a fence. Is it to have security and peace of mind? Is it to keep one’s privacy? Is it to have a quiet and peaceful environment? Is it for protection from different extreme weather conditions? Is it to set definite boundaries? These will greatly help one know what they should look for when they start their hunt for the perfect fence builder.
- Set a Budget. You will need to know how much you and your neighbor want to spend, if you have a small budget, you have to go for some timber fencing, however if you have a larger budget you may be able to spring for the cost of Colorbond fencing. Whichever your choice you are better off figuring it out before getting quotes otherwise you will need to get the fencing contractors back out to quote a cheaper or more expensive fence to suit your budget.
- Gather Data. The first thing to know is the different kinds of fencing services. If possible, one should compile information about these services such as the name of the company of builders who offer each service, the important details about the services, and the cost of each service. It would be a lot better if one can have at least two professional builders submit their bid for each service. This may be easily done as most builders who have websites offer pricelists and quotations for people who are interested in their services. In gathering data, it is never right to rely solely on a friend’s recommendation as he or she may have different fence needs and preferences. As each service will only be perfect if it is tailor-made for one’s needs, a personal research and testing, if possible, should be done.
- Take Note of Specific Details. One should find the answers to their fence questions. The most important ones are the cost of each service and how it measures against one’s budget, the training, abilities, and expertise of the fence builders, and the length of time that each service would take so one can make necessary adjustments. Some professional fence builders charge by the hour while some set a fixed rate for their services. To most people, it matters that the fence builder has a license to perform the job. This ensures quality and reliability. In such cases, one should make sure to check the license with government authorities. Also, it is important to know the insurance details carried in each service from the fence builder.
- Take care of Legalities. There are different things to consider where legalities are concerned – legalities are particularly important with stuff like pool fencing. One should not solely rely on the knowledge of the fence builder. One should know the limitations and restrictions set by the local council when it comes to fences. This will prevent hassles and stressful events in the future. Likewise, for contracts worth at least $500, it would be best to set a bond. This would protect the property owner greatly.
Types of Fencing
Timber Fencing – Usually lap and cap treated pine in Australia these days, it is basically the cheapest fencing in Perth.
Glass Fencing – This style of fence is becoming extremely popular in balustrades and pool fencing. The usual glass fence is frame-less with steel fittings to hold the glass in place, glass fences look amazing but if you have children or pets then they may not be the best choice for you.
Rail Fence - This fence is easy to construct and is what you usually see in farms or rural homes, but it will also look good in your urban home. Materials used for this type of fence are wood and vinyl.
Picket fence – An older style of fence – but required in some areas which are heritage and still require this style of fencing. Interestingly there is a new style of picket out which is PVC and they look just like the timber ones – but last twice as long.
Aluminium or steel fencing - Definitely the most popular choice in this day and age for boundary fencing, steel fencing is both durable and nice looking with a wide range of colours to choose from. The most popular brand of steel fencing is colorbond fencing. To find out more about colorbond fencing visit that page and request a quote. There are also other companies that make steel and aluminium fencing – you should also get quotes for those a s well.